|Purpose:||Healthy Eating Research has released its 2013 Call for Proposals (CFP). This CFP is for two types of awards aimed at providing advocates, decision-makers, and policy-makers with evidence to reverse the childhood obesity epidemic. The award types are Round 8 grants and RWJF New Connections grants awarded through the Healthy Eating Research program. Approximately $1.6 million will be awarded under this CFP for the two award types.
The majority of grant funds awarded through the Healthy Eating Research 2013 CFP (approximately 80%) will be allocated to studies focused on some aspect related to one or more of the following four RWJF childhood obesity priority areas related to food and nutrition:
RWJF New Connections grants support policy-relevant research of early-career investigators from historically disadvantaged and underrepresented communities, including researchers from ethnic or racial minority or lower-income communities, first-generation college graduates, or others who historically have been disadvantaged and underrepresented in research disciplines supported by RWJF.
|Receipt Date:||March 27, 2013 (3 p.m. ET)|
|Total Awards:||Up to two RWJF New Connections grants will be awarded through the Healthy Eating Research program in this round of funding. Awards will be for 12- to 18-month grants of up to $100,000 each.|
|Eligibility:||Only new investigators, defined as individuals who received their doctorate or terminal degree (e.g., PhD, MD, JD) within 10 years prior to the award date for the grant (after November 1, 2003) are eligible to apply for these awards.|
NCCOR’s Connect & Explore Webinar examines soon-to-be published research advocating a shift in the framework to prevent and treat obesity and related chronic diseases
- Latest Q&A from NCCOR webinar on childhood obesity declines and disparities
- Get research used: 6 tips for creating infographics for researchers
- NCCOR members explore metrics to express children’s energy expenditure
- NCCOR Connect & Explore Webinar on relationship between childhood obesity declines, disparities
- To find the solution to childhood obesity, NCCOR looks globally
- NCCOR to attend the 8th Biennial Childhood Obesity Conference
- Raising the bar: How NCCOR supports researchers
- NCCOR, JPB Foundation form alliance to support Measures Registry
- Influence of school architecture and design on healthy eating: Key findings from systematic review