Green Health Resources
October 2011 Green Health: Building Sustainable Schools for Healthy Kids
- NCCOR Green Health Workshop report
- Workshop speaker videos
- Exploring Distributed Surveillance Systems for Physical Activity Monitoring (James McClain, National Cancer Institute)
- Green Building Information Gateway: Developing Data System for Environmental Design Research (Chris Pyke, U.S. Green Building Council)
Green Health Glossary
Definitions of selected terms used frequently in NCCOR's green health work.
- Built Environment + Public Health Curriculum
- New York City Active Design Guidelines
- U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC)
- Green Health Partnership (USGBC, University of Virginia, the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation)
- U.S. Department of Education Green Ribbon Schools
- Joint Use Agreements
- Walk Score
Publications and Journal Articles
- Huang TT-K, Sorensen D, Davis S, Frerichs L, Brittin J, Celentano J, Callahan K, Trowbridge MJ. Healthy eating design guidelines for school architecture. Preventing Chronic Disease 2013;10:E27. doi:10.5888/pcd10.120084.
- Trowbridge MJ, Huang TT-K, Botchwey ND, Fisher TR, Pyke C, Rodgers AB, Ballard-Barbash. Public health and the green building industry: partnership opportunities for childhood obesity prevention. American Journal of Preventive Medicine 2013;44(5):489-495. doi:10.1016/j.amepre.2013.01.010
- Gorman N, Lackney JA, Rollings K, Huang TT-K. Designer schools: the role of school space and architecture in obesity prevention. Obesity 2007;15(11):2521-2530.