|Purpose:||CDC is pleased to announce the availability of funds for a new cooperative agreement, aimed at developing national innovative partnerships for addressing obesity, through its National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (NCCDPHP), Division of Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Obesity (DNPAO). The National Innovative Partnerships FOA will support public health efforts to prevent and reduce obesity by promoting the implementation of environmental and system supports that create healthier places and lead to improvements in healthy eating and physical activity behaviors across the United States. This FOA seeks to foster the development of innovative – new and creative – collaborations with public and private, public health and non-public health organizations which lead to successful implementation of evidence- and practice-based obesity prevention strategies especially in populations experiencing disproportionately high rates of obesity.The FOA has three funding component areas:
|Receipt Date:||June 24, 2013|
|Eligibility:||Applicants must provide evidence of organizational reach and representation in at least one state in each of the ten HHS regions to be considered eligible to conduct work under the FOA.|
Rates of childhood obesity are finally beginning to slow, or even decline, in some communities, and this positive development lends urgency and momentum to childhood obesity research efforts.
In recognition of the start of National Childhood Obesity Awareness month on Sept. 1, the National Collaborative on Childhood Obesity Research (NCCOR) is calling on partners, public health and health care professionals, and others engaged with the movement to show their support for childhood obesity research.
- Connect & Explore: A New Model for Integrating Clinical-Community Systems and Tackling Obesity
- Latest Q&A from NCCOR webinar on childhood obesity declines and disparities
- Get research used: 6 tips for creating infographics for researchers
- NCCOR members explore metrics to express children’s energy expenditure
- NCCOR Connect & Explore Webinar on relationship between childhood obesity declines, disparities
- To find the solution to childhood obesity, NCCOR looks globally
- NCCOR to attend the 8th Biennial Childhood Obesity Conference
- Raising the bar: How NCCOR supports researchers
- NCCOR, JPB Foundation form alliance to support Measures Registry