The mission of the National Collaborative on Childhood Obesity Research (NCCOR) is to accelerate progress in reducing childhood obesity.
NCCOR is focused on:
- Collaborating to turn the tide on childhood obesity
- Supporting researchers with tools that help build the capacity for research and surveillance
- Maximizing outcomes from research and supporting evaluations
- Using innovation to stimulate broad thinking to generate fresh, synergistic ideas
- Increasing knowledge to find solutions by promoting new research funding mechanisms and translating and disseminating research findings
- Looking to the road ahead and building new partnerships to solve problems